Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Part of the family

What a smart boy. He learned to sit and wait at the door in two days.
He stayed in the cedar dog house the first night. Then, he escaped from the dog house while we were at church. So my son and I slept on sofas while Murphy slept on dog pillow next to the sofas. All four of us agree that couches, sofas, beds are off-limit for him. I think he recognizes us as owners now. Tomorrow he will go to Frank's office, stay in his cubicle. Murphy will be praised and patted the whole time by Frank's co-workers. Kids and I have Chemistry lab tomorrow morning.

My heart really felt for Murphy on his first and second days at out house. I could feel his insecurity. He would not finish his meal if I walked out of sight. Later I sat on the sofa next to his dog house where he could see me, then he resumed eating. Yesterday when kids and Frank went to bible class, Murphy whined for a little while. He stopped whining when I hugged him and talked to him. He had lost his previous owner for some unsolved mysteries. But I can tell he is happy and feel at home today. He is part of the family and he knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment