Monday, October 1, 2012

We Lost Murphy and Found Murphy next day

Murphy sneaked out our front gate on afternoon Sept 28, 2012. I noticed the front gate is opened when I came home around 5:30pm. Around 6:40pm, before we left for Chinese school, we notice Murphy is not at home. Murphy is usually very quite at home and that day all of us are very busy so we didn't notice he was gone till that time. I drove the kids to Chinese school and my wife went to the close by Challenge school yard to find him. She cannot find Murphy. She talked to several other dog owners who know Murphy well and none of them saw Murphy. We guess Murphy must sneaked out pretty early, before the school is dismissed and school probably called the animal control to take him out. My wife cried and kept searching for Murphy.
Murphy's photo found on Humane Society web site as 'stray animal'

Eventually we found a photo on http://hssv.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=lost_stray which looks like Murphy. We contacted Humane Society Silicon Valley but they are already closed that time. After double check with my children, we are pretty confident that photo is Murphy. We went to the Humane Society the next morning and found Murphy there. It cost me $50 for that. They told me since that day the Animal Control in Sunnyvale is out of duty, Murphy was 'arrested' by Sunnyvale police and was transported to the Humane Society by riding a police car (so Murphy now is the third members in my family ever get a free ride on police car). Somehow after they scan for the Microchip they cannot find any signal. We don't know what is happen but the Microchip cannot be found. We pay additional ~49 USD for his new Microchip. (see photo). His new chip is 985-170-001-487-503 and the phone number for the "Home Again" is 1-888-466-3242.  I also donate some more money for the Humane Society. The staff in the Humane Society is super nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment